Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Devil's Food Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Swirl

Over the weekend, when I opened my kitchen cabinet trying to clear stuff, I realised my Devil's Food Cake premix was going to expire soon.

So today, after work, I decided to use the premix before it expires. I made Devil's Food Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Swirl. The cream cheese swirl came about after I read alot of Marbled Cheese Chocolate Cake that friends of mine made.

Ingredients

1 box devil's food cake mix
1 1/3 cups water (i used fresh milk instead)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs

Whisk all ingredients till well incorporated.

Cream Cheese Mix

125 gm cream cheese, softened
30 gm caster sugar
1/2 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla essence

Whisk all ingredients till well incorporated.

Method

Heat oven to 180C
Place paper cases in muffin tins and pour mixture 2/3 full.
Take a heap teaspoon of cream cheese mixture and put over the cake mixture and use a toothpick to make swirled effect.
Bake for about 25 mins or until a pick inserted comes out clean.

Turn out onto a rack to cool.

After baking earlier, I went to Mila's house to pass some things to her and I brought some of those freshly baked cakes for her to try. She said that it tasted nice .. Phew!! just when I thought that choc and cheese doesnt go together, it had definitely changed my mind after Mila's comments .. ;-)

Thanks Mila! .. you should try making them sometime yah!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails