Sunday, September 17, 2006

Oteh-Oteh (Fritters)

For breakfast dis morning, I made Oteh-Oteh. This originates from Indonesia. It is really a nice snack for bfast or for tea. Dip these in chilli sauce accompanied with a cup of hot tea .. mmmm ...

I have to thank my bro's maid for sharing this recipe with me.

Oteh2 being deep fried in a non stick pan.

Oteh2 waiting to be walloped by me and family .. hehehe

Ingredients

500 gm flour
500 gm prawn, cleaned and diced
2 carrots, shredded
100 gm beansprouts, tail picked
1 big onion, pounded
6 cloves garlic, pounded
some cilantro, chopped
a pinch of salt
1 tsp of chicken stock
1/2 tsp white pepper
enough water
oil for frying

Method

Mix all the ingredients above with just enough water.
Batter should be thick.
Heat oil in a non stick pan.
Put tablespoons of batter and deep fry till golden brown.

Eat these hot and dipped in chilli sauce.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails