Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Black Pepper Seafood Pasta

I was talking to a friend over the pasta I made the other day and he mentioned that I should try making black pepper pasta. Suddenly I started to hanker for black pepper pasta! I love black pepper dishes of any sort - black pepper beef, tamarind fish with black pepper, etc etc .. I loikeeeeeeeeee .. *drool*

Right after work earlier, I went to the supermarket to buy lacking ingredients to make Black Pepper Seafood Pasta. Got home, rested and about 7.45pm, I started cooking my pasta.

Ingredients

a handful of linguine
1 small red onion, chopped
2 pips garlic, chopped
60 gm fresh button mushroom, sliced
10 prawns, peeled, deveined and leave the tails intact
5 pcs crabstick, sliced diagonally
4 tbsp black pepper sauce
2 tbsp water
coarsely ground black pepper
salt
coriander leaves, chopped

Method

Cook linguine in a large pot of salted boiling water till al dente.
Drain then wash under running water.

In a pot, saute some onions and garlic.
Then put in the prawns, crabsticks and mushroom.
Add in black pepper sauce and water.
Then lastly put in the pasta and mix well.
Season with salt and more coarsely ground pepper.
Serve immediately, garnished with coriander leaves.

The next time I make this, I may want to try adding some oyster sauce. It might taste good or not better!

I was burning inside after a plate of that pasta I made but somehow I love that burning sensation though!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe... dah cuba.. senang amat nak buat kalau sumer bahan2 ada kat umah.. nak try creamy pasta versi murnie plak.

m3rni3 said...

ohh .. memang senang banget dan kerana senang banget lah maka aku buat .. hehehe ..

thanks eat for the recipe!

oh ya .. uve got to try the creamy pasta too .. tapi must put chilli flakes tau baru ada kick!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

When I searched the web, I found your blog.I love all the recipies in your blog and can't wait to try them all.By the way,I am planning to buy a new oven.Could u tell what type of oven will be the best for baking? I am staying in Singapore too.

m3rni3 said...

hi joe

thanks for loving the recipes in my blog .. do give them a try and perhaps feedback to me on your trials and experiments .. ;-)

i am no oven expert but just want u to know that currently im using a Rhoyxon oven .. heard Ariston is good and my mum's using a baby belling and she swears by it!

hope that helps!

regards
murnie

Anonymous said...

Bloody fantastic recipes you have got here!

Anonymous said...

Oh, thats Aidil btw

m3rni3 said...

hi aidil

take your time browsing thru .. and when you try any of the recipes, do feedback yah.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Hello.. may I know is this for two serving? Thanks for the recipe anyway!!

Anonymous said...

Hello.. may I know is this for two serving? Thanks for the recipe anyway!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails