Monday, March 06, 2006

Baked Chix and Muffins

The family had baked chicken, fried beans and rosemary potatoes for lunch yesterday. The meal looked rather simple but it was quite hearty for me.

I went out shopping with my buddies last Friday and I bought myself some recipe books and a 12 hole muffin tin from Tangs. I had my buddies picture taken while they freshened themselves up .. Vain .. hehehehe

So yesterday for tea I baked muffins. This was my first attempt at baking muffins. I studied some muffin recipes and mix and match the ingredients to make Choc Chips Muffins. This recipe yields 6 muffins.

Ingredients

1 1/4 cup self raising flour
1/4 cup caster sugar
100g butter, melted
1 egg, lightly beated
1/3 cup milk
5 tbsp or more mini choc chips

Method

Preheat oven to 170C.
Grease muffin tin.
A Mix flour and sugar in one bowl.
B Mix melted butter, milk and egg in another bowl.
Incorporate B into A and using a metal spoon, fold in the flour and choc chips.
Spoon mixture into the muffin tin and then bake for about 30 mins.
Stand muffins for about 5 mins before turning out to cool on a wire tray.

Note: I actually divide the mixture into half. Mix one half with choc chips and other half with hazelnut spread. I enjoyed the latter much more.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails