Saturday, March 18, 2006

German Apple Cake

Mum and I saw Mami Asmah Laili made Apple Cake on her cookshow Dapur Mami and mum initiated that I make this. I used another recipe though and this is called German Apple Cake I from Allrecipes. The following ingredients and measurements are not the original. I changed it based on the reviews given and what I have at home. It is a must try recipe as 120 members rated it 5 out of 5. Oh ya .. not forgetting the whole kitchen smelt sooo good .. the aroma was just wow .. :-)

Ingredients

2 eggs
1/2 cup melted butter
1 1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups self raising flour
3 fuji apples, peeled, each cut in 4, cored and thinly sliced

Method

Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a cake tin. (I used a 20 cm diameter round cake tin.)
Beat oil and eggs till creamy.
Add sugar and vanilla and beat well.
Combine flour, salt, ground cinnamon together in a bowl.
Add this to the egg mixture and mix till combined. The batter will be very thick.
Fold in the apples.
Spread batter into tin and bake at 160C (note that temperature is reduced) for 1 hr 30 mins.
Cool on wire rack when tested done.

Above is a picture of the whole cake which has sugar dustings on it.

And this is the slice that I ate with vanilla ice cream at 11.30 pm .. how sinful can it get but whoa it was soooooooooo heavenly!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails