Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Mandarin Orange Cake

After a week of not baking, I baked an orange cake yesterday. Besides orange juice, I used canned mandarin orange segments for this particular cake thus naming it Mandarin Orange Cake. I like the not so sweet and faint citrusy taste of this cake.

I have deleted the old pix. I managed to collect my digicam from mum's and took this pic.

Ingredients

185g butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup mandarin orange segments
2 cups self raising flour
2/3 cup orange juice

Method

Preheat oven to 180C and grease a 20 cm square cake tin.
Beat egg and sugar till creamy.
Gradually add eggs, beating thoroughly after each addition.
Beat in orange segments and vanilla essence.
Using a large metal spoon, fold in flour alternately with orange juice.
Spoon into prepared tin and smooth surface.
Bake for 45 mins until cook.
Leave in tin for 10 mins, then turn out into a wire rack to cool.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails