Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Going Bananas!

Was I going bananas over banana cakes or wat? Hmm .. not really, it was just that I had some ripe bananas at home. Mum in law had even made banana fritters and still I had balance so wat else?? I baked yet another banana cake .. hehehe.

Some readers actually requested verbally and via email that I share my tried and tested recipes. So from this month on, I will try to do so.

So this is going to be the first one yah .. Banana Cake recipe.

Ingredients

150 g butter
150 g (2/3 cup) caster sugar
3 medium eggs, beaten
150 g (1 1/4 cup) self raising flour
Pinch of bicarbonate of soda
150g very ripe bananas, peeled

Method

Grease a loaf tin with softened butter.
Cream butter and sugar together till light and fluffy.
Pour eggs in a little at a time, beating well in between additions.
Using a metal spoon, fold in half the flour and bicarbonate of soda.
Quickly mash the bananas, then fold it in the mixture. Finally, fold in the rest of the flour.
Turn the mixture into the greased tin and bake for 40 mins or until cooked lah.
Allow cake to cool in the tin for abt 10 mins before turning it out to cool on a wire tray.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails