Sunday, February 18, 2007

Potato Salad

When I chanced upon Jihva for Ingredients, I knew that I wanted to participate. This time round, the host is Vaishali of Happy Burp.

Vaishali had chosen Potato for this month's Jihva for Ingredients. In Malay language, potato is called kentang.

A good oppotunity came. My good friend Isma, had invited me and another friend, Mila, to her house to chill. Each of us was supposed to bring a dish and I thot of bringing Potato Salad .

Mila, text me yesterday and these were our correspondences:-

Mila: Anie, (dats wat my good frens call me) can you bring potato salad to Isma's house tomorrow.
Me: Hmm .. it is as if you could read me. It was supposed to be a surprise. I am indeed going to bring those. Jus dun tell Isma, k.
Mila: I miss your potato salad!

Ingredients

8 potatoes, peeled chopped and boiled
2 small onions, chopped finely
3 gherkin, chopped finely
4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
mayonnaise
a dash of salt and white pepper

Method

Put all ingredients in a large bowl and mix together mayo, salt and white pepper.
Serve chilled.

Isma, I hope you are happy that at long last you got to eat my potato salad again!
Mila, sad that you couldnt join us. We ate wat was supposed to be your share. Pic below is for your eyes only! .. hehehe

This would be my entry for Jihva for Potato. The round-up would be on 8th of March.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks so simple to prepare and must be delicious as well!

m3rni3 said...

hi mama ..

it is indeed ultra simple to whip up and filling too coz of the carbo which we get from the potatoes .. :-))

Anonymous said...

Nampak sedap sungguh potato salad nie...:~)

m3rni3 said...

sis thanks for visiting my blog .. ;-) .. sudi2 lah mencuba resep potato salad yang mudah banget nie ..

Anonymous said...

ish... terlepas lagi potato salad anie... hhmm bila ko nak buat lagi?? This time chill kat umah ko plak lah. Bleh??

m3rni3 said...

oits mila .. hmm .. bila aku nak buat lagik eh?!?!? .. bila kita jumpa lor ..

i am more than happy kalau kau nak chill kat rumah aku .. ;-)

tapi kalau kita cook up a storm kat rumah isma pun orite jugak .. hehehe .. like real je .. hehehe

Anonymous said...

Nice and simple, i like it, and also your webside, very nice:)

m3rni3 said...

hi there Thodur Mocan

thanks for coming by my blog! i really appreciate it. i hope you try some of the recipes i have up in my blog aite!

warm regards
murnie

Anonymous said...

Hi m3rni3...

ur potato salad look yum yummy...boleh menjilat pinggan hehehe...tapi me nak tau apa tu..gherkin?

Didahulu dengan Thanks dear..:);)

m3rni3 said...

hi anonymous

thanks for coming by.

gherkin tu adalah jeruk timun yg kecil2 .. i bought the gherkin from cold storage.

u orang singapore ke?

regards
murnie .. ;-)

Anonymous said...

iye...saya singpore jugak mari..hehehe...

TQ murnie ;)

Anonymous said...

eat/347

looks good.i will definately try to make it oneday..it taste so good just like.........yummy mummy

Anonymous said...

hi there....i have been looking through ur blog for almost an hour....to tell you the truth you have a natural talent and skill of cooking and photography...great...you also have a beautiful family...with a good cook at home you can bring up a very happy family....RIGHT....i will definately be a happy man if my wife can cook...heheheh
graphicly talented lady...cheers again ....would like to meet you in person someday yummy mummy....

m3rni3 said...

hi eat/347

thanks for coming by ..
hmm .. even if your wife cant cook, she can always learn or maybe even learn from you or you guys cld even cook together .. :-)

tell u the truth .. i only started when i have a home to call my own ..

oh yah .. would love to meet u too some day .. or hmmmm .. hv we like met?? .. ;-)

anyways, try making the salad .. real easy stuff .. or if ever i have a chance, i'll make them for u .. ;-p

email me .. ciao

murnie

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

I would like to read a bit more on this site soon. BTW, rather good design this blog has, but don’t you think design should be changed from time to time?

Related Posts with Thumbnails