Sunday, January 14, 2007

Ritzy Chicken Nuggets

I saw Nigella making Ritzy Chicken Nuggets on Ch 16 Travel and Living last Wednesday and thot hey that is something I could make on Sunday.

So today as planned, I made my kids Ritzy Chicken Nuggets ala Nigella and baked potato chips. I cant remember what the real measurements were hence I made up my own measurements.

Nigella uses Ritz biscuits which I am totally sure can be subbed for any other savoury biscuits. I had Ritz at home so I settled for that.

Nigella also uses buttermilk but I subbed it with greek yogurt. Nigella mentioned that the use of buttermilk to marinade is to tenderise the chicken nuggets. And yes! tender these little chicky nuggets were!

Here's the recipe based on my measurements:-

Ingredients

320gm chicken fillet, sliced into nuggets sized (i got abt 20 pcs)
250gm greek yogurt
100gm ritz biscuit, crushed
sea salt and pepper, to taste

Method

Marinate the chicken slices in greek yogurt overnight.

When ready to bake, heat oven to 200C.
Season crushed biscuits with salt and pepper.
Take each chicken fillet and coat with biscuits crumbs and lay on tray.
Bake for abt 20 - 30 mins.

I served the kids these nuggets with baked potato chips!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails