Sunday, January 22, 2012

Buttermilk Blueberry with White Chocolate Muffins

I have just received two new cookbooks on Friday and while browsing the books, Blueberry Muffins recipe caught my attention.  I love making muffins just because they are really easy and quick to make. You do not need a mixer to make them. All that's required are just two bowls - one for dry and another for wet ingredients. Mix them both together, and your batter will be ready.


I made some Buttermilk Blueberry with White Chocolate Muffins yesterday and am totally happy with the results.  The recipe that I saw used plain yogurt but I used buttermilk instead and that surely helped to make the muffins moist and tender. The crust was wonderfully crisp and the muffins were just bursting with blueberries. I had also added some white chocolate since I had a couple of bars in my pantry.


Ingredients

2 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup caster sugar
a pinch of salt
125 gm blueberries
70 grams white chocolate, chopped (use more if you have)
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup canola oil
1 egg, lightly beaten

Method

Preheat oven to 175C.
Lay 12 paper liners in muffin tin.
A - In a large bowl, mix together, flour, salt, sugar, blueberries and chocolates.
B - In another bowl, combine buttermilk, oil and egg.
Incorporate B into A and using a spatula, fold in the flour till just moistened.
Spoon mixture into the muffin tins and then bake for about 25 - 30 mins or until a pick/skewer inserted comes out clean.
Stand muffins for about 5 mins before turning out to cool on a wire tray.

Note: Muffin crust is crisp once it is out of the oven and will soften once stored BUT rest assured that they taste just as good!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails