Wednesday, July 26, 2006

My Yummy ABC - Almond Brownie Cookies

I have to admit this is the best choc cookies dat I have ever made and I will stick by this recipe.

I made ABC - Almond Brownie Cookies yesterday. Actually my initial plan was to bake either a Marble Cake or Zebra Cake. I took the butter out from the fridge to put to room temperature but when the time comes to start baking, I ended up making ABCs.

Personally, I really found em cookie-licious .. totally different from the choc cookies I've ever made and this is the first time that I enjoyed eating my cookies.

I simply love baking this kinda cookies .. u put teaspoonfuls of the mixture and the cookies will spread when you bake em. Ironically, I felt making these are as easy as ABC too .. as the name suggests .. hehehe

Oh ya .. I did earn some brownie points from colleagues who tasted my ABCs. One wanted to order for Hari Raya. ORDER?!?!? Whoa .. is she for real or wat?!?!? Well, I would be most glad to take orders .. ;-)

This is how it looks before I put the ABCs in the oven ..

Here are the ABCs cooling off on a wire rack ..

And now, we move on to the recipe:-

Ingredients

1/2 cup almond nibs, roasted
125 gm butter
1 cup caster sugar
1 egg lightly beaten
11/2 cups self raising flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup semi sweet choc chips

Method

Preheat oven to 180C.
Beat butter and sugar till creamy.
Gradually add eggs, beating thoroughly after each addition.
Fold in sifted self raising flour and cocoa powder gradually. (I used my hands to fold)
Then fold in the almonds and choc chips.
Place teaspoonsfuls of mixture on a non stick pan. Dun forget to space out for spreading.
Bake for 15 mins until cook.
Leave in pan for a couple of minutes then turn out into a wire rack to cool.

1 comment:

FaRaH said...

Insyallah by end of this year. I will be shifting to Blk 109 Tampines st 11. Once I got my equipments ready then we shall start planning k? Isk bestnya...

Related Posts with Thumbnails