So wat did I whip up for tea today?? I made Savoury Bread Pudding. Even though, I havent got the ingredients such as cilantro, spring onions and cheddar cheese, I still made them. I had to make do with just what I have in the kitchen .. hehe ..
The result .. perrrgh .. it was really good eaten hot/warm. I also did not put the red chilli, so my two angels also enjoyed the pudding. As for hubby and me, we ate them with mayo & cilli sauce .. really lazaaaaaaaaat!!
Hot from the oven
My piece of the pudding
250 gm minced meat
1/2 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 small onion, diced
1/2 small can mushroom, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil to fry
Spring onion, chopped
Red chilli, chopped
5 pcs of bread (cut to fit the tin - 2 layers)
1 pc of bread (cubed)
1/2 cup milk
How to prepare the minced meat
1. Mix minced meat with oyster sauce and leave for 30 minutes.
2. Heal a little oil and fry the diced onions.
3. Then add the minced meat. Fry till all the water (from the meat) has evaporated.
4. Add the mushroom, curry powder then add salt and pepper. Fry for a further few minutes and set aside.
To assemble the pudding.
1. Beat eggs with milk.
2. Butter the bread and cut to fit the baking tin. I used the small square aluminuim tin.
3. Place the bread, buttered side up, in the tin.
4. Pour some of the egg and milk mixture to soak the bread.
5. Then layer with the meat mixture.
6. Next layer with mozarella and cheddar.
7. Repeat a 2nd time as above.
8. Then sprinkle chopped spring onions, cilantro, chilli and fried crispy shallots.
9. Lastly, top it off with cubed bread soaked in the balance egg and milk mixture.
10. Then pour whatever egg and milk mixture you have over the pudding.
11. Bake for 30 minutes for 180 degree celcius.
Serve with chilli sauce and mayonnaise.