Monday, April 11, 2011

Vegetable Shell Pasta in Tomato Cream Sauce

I am on leave this whole week.  It is exam week.  A week I dread the most.
Thank god, there are only two papers to clear this semester as the third subject is project based.

I love the fact that I am able to plan what to cook for my girls for dinner when I am at home.

It is quick simple dinner today - Vegetable Shell Pasta in Tomato Cream Sauce.


I bought the vegetable shell pasta some time back at some fair that was held in school.


The rest of the ingredients are what I can find in the fridge - pasta sauce which is expiring soon, leftover frozen chicken franks and fresh mushroom which I bought a week ago to actually make mushroom soup but never did.

I prepared the ingredients about 45 minutes before the girls got home and by the time they got home and showered, the pasta is ready for my famished girls.


Ingredients

170 gm vegetable shell pasta
2 onions, diced
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced (i used white and brown button mushroom)
4 pcs chicken franks, sliced diagonally
2 cups ready made pasta sauce
170 gm cream
some olive oil to fry
salt and black pepper to taste

Method

Cook shell pasta in a pot of salted boiling water till al dente.
Drain and wash under running water.

Saute the chopped onions and garlic in some olive oil.
Then put in the chicken franks and mushroom and fry for a little while.
Add in pasta sauce and cream.
Season with salt and coarsely ground pepper.
Put in the drained shell pasta and mix well.
Serve immediately.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails