Monday, May 28, 2012

Pandan Muffins


If you have not already known, I love muffins.  I love baking them too.  They are really quick to make.  Two bowls are what you need - one for wet and and one for dry ingredients.  Mix them together, spoon them in muffin liners or tin and you're good to send them into the oven.

Do you love the aroma of pandan leaves?  I love walking at the garden near my office because I enjoy getting hit with the wafting aroma of pandan leaves. Pandan leaves are hugely used in Southeast Asia cuisine as a flavouring.  And that's what i used this time to make my Pandan Muffins.  For this recipe I did not blend the real pandan leaves to get the extract but instead I used the store bought pandan paste.


Ingredients

2 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup caster sugar
a pinch of salt
200gm coconut milk
1/2 cup canola oil
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 tbsp pandan paste

Method

Preheat oven to 175C.
Lay 12 paper liners in muffin tin.
A - In a large bowl, mix together, flour, sugar and salt.
B - In another bowl, combine coconut milk, oil, eggs and pandan paste.
Incorporate B into A and using a spatula, fold in the flour till just moistened.
Spoon mixture into the muffin tins and then bake for about 25 - 30 mins or until a pick/skewer inserted comes out clean.
Stand muffins for about 5 mins before turning out to cool on a wire tray.

Note - You may if you wish to blend 5 - 7 pandan leaves together with the coconut milk to get that fresh green pandan extract.  Be sure to strain the mixture before using it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails