Friday, September 22, 2006

Banana Cake for Dimple..

I met my best fwen, Dimple, last Tuesday at a work event. The day before, we decided that we bring something (food that is) to swap.

I baked her Mini Banana Cakes and in return she gave me Snow Skin Moon Cake that she made. I didnt have the chance to take pictures of the moon cakes coz I just went straight to indulge in those ohhh sooo yummy moon cakes .. slurp ..

This time round, I decided that I bake them bite size, i.e. bake them in mini muffin tins.

This is it, mini banana cakes, in the oven, baking away ..

This is it, all packed in a mini tupperware ..

Oh ya .. after baking a couple of batches of the mini ones, I decided to throw in some choc chips and baked them in a small loaf tin since there was only some batter left ..

Ingredients

150 g butter
2/3 cup caster sugar
3 medium eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cup self raising flour
Pinch of bicarbonate of soda
150g very ripe bananas, peeled

Method

Grease a loaf tin with softened butter.
Cream butter and sugar together till light and fluffy.
Pour eggs in a little at a time, beating well in between additions.
Using a metal spoon, fold in half the flour and bicarbonate of soda.
Quickly mash the bananas, then fold it in the mixture.
Finally, fold in the rest of the flour.
Turn the mixture into the greased tin and bake for 40 mins or until cooked lah.
Allow cake to cool in the tin for abt 10 mins before turning it out to cool on a wire tray.

And comments from Dimple was that the one that was baked in the loaf tin was way much better that the mini ones ..

Frankly speaking, I also preferred the one baked in a loaf tin .. hahaha .. and did I say choc and banana complements each other real well ..

Lesson learnt .. bake em in a loaf tin, NOT mini muffin tins .. hahaha

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails